Work In Canada
Open work permits
An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer: who is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions, or who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages.
You Can apply for an Open Work Permit if,
A. Dependent Family Member Class
- you are a family member of,
- a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B, or
- an international student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university.
- you are a family member, who has been included in an application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, and you have received a letter stating that your application has been found eligible
- you are applying or have already applied for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class and Your spouse or common-law partner is
- a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B, or an international student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university.
- you are a family member of a foreign representative
- you are a family member of a foreign military member who is working in Canada
- you are the family member of someone whose application has been approved under one of the following:
- Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada
- Protected Person
- Live-in Caregiver Program
B. Permanent Residence applicants
- you are already working in Canada, your work permit is due to expire within four months and your application has been found complete or received a positive eligibility assessment under one of the following:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Caring for Children Class
- Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
C. Employer-specific work permits
- An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:
- the name of the employer you can work for,
- how long you can work, and
- the location where you can work (if applicable).
- To get closed work permit your employer might have to obtain Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment